Being Creative is My Passion

Monday, January 24, 2011

One of a Kind Valentines Day Cards

YourGayHusband Tip Of The Day ... Glitter makes life more FUN !



I was so inspired by my Gay Husband, He is so creative and can make something that may seem old and ready to discard into a work of art. He took left over tissue, ribbon and glitter from the Holidays and is making these One Of a Kind Valentines Day cards. Here is how he did it ...

The first thing I do gather all of the tissue I saved from the holidays. I knew I could come up with a great use for it. I ran across some blank water color cards I had in my closet and it was as if a lightbulb went off. Valentines Cards.


To begin I lay out the tissue and decide on a color and pattern. Then take the ends of red holiday satin ribbon and glue in place, center of card. Next,I take my cut outs and lay one on at a time starting with the bottom layer. These layers will become transparent on the end result. I then layer the remaining cut outs using Modge Podge a matte transparent glue that can be use both for gluing or finishing a project. I buy at 16oz bottle at Michaels arts and crafts for under $8. I love this stuff.


Once you have completed gluing down the layers completely, apply one final layer (thin) to project, ensuring the entire surface is covered with Modge Podge.This is key to the finished look.
Lastly, don't forget to sprinkle lightly with glitter while still wet. Life is better with Glitter.
I would say this was a pretty easy project. Rate it as a 1 on a scale from 1 - 5. The entire project including dry time took about 1 hour.



My two favorite things about this project were:
Making something Heart felt for someone I love
Reusing something that still has use and beauty

This Valentine project total cost was extremely low due to the fact that I already had all my supplies. If I were to start from scratch a set of six would be under $10
Please leave a comment or share your ideas.

Thanks again for sharing your talents and inspiration.
Til Later, YourGayHusaband

No comments:

Post a Comment