Being Creative is My Passion

Friday, June 3, 2011

Ain't a Thing But a Chicken Wing

Your Gay Husband Tip of the Day :
Don't Forget The Dipping Sauces
Chicken Wings
Ain't a Thing But a Chicken Wing
We were having some friends over for a pot luck so I decided to make some chicken wings. They are easy to eat when you are mixing at a party or sitting at a table, either way they are GOOD. The best way to cook wings is to deep fry them. I find they tend to fall apart or stick when baking or BBQing. Here is what I did.
COST - $10 for 6-8 people including dipping sauces
TIME - 30 minutes including cooking time
DIFFICULTY - 2 on a scale of 1-5
Washing Wings
I bought these wings for .77lb. They were fresh and not cut. The first thing to do is to wash/rinse the wings under cool water. Let them drain then dry each one off with paper towels. This will make them have a crispy skin when frying. If not there will be water in the oil and it will splatter and steam the wings. Not a good combo.






Cutting Wings
When cutting the wings into sections make sure to start with a SHARP knife. Just go between the joints and cut. This gets easier after you do the first few.  I made 40 wing sections without using the end segment. I just tossed that piece.







Seasoning Wings
I made a rub for the wings, it is super easy and really adds a burst of flavor.
1 Tbsp each of garlic and Salt and Flour
1 tsp each of pepper, onion powder, paprika
mix ingredients together and sift on the wings. Let them rest for at least 20 minutes. You can do this the night before. This is for 40 pieces.





Frying Wings
Add 4" of oil to a large stock pot and heat on medium high til it reaches 350 degrees. I did 7 at a time for 7 minutes and they turned out perfectly. You will know they are done because they will float. Let drain on paper towel and serve. I made 40 wind sections and served them with sides of sauce. It is fun to have a few so your guests can decide what they want. I put out Ranch, Buffalo, Sweet Teriyaki, and BBQ sauce.



This get together was so much fun and easy to serve. The wings were delicious and had a nice crisp skin.
Let me know how they turn out for you. Put these out with some ice cold beer and stand back as your guests devourer them. I hope you enjoy these as much as we did.

Til Later,
Your Gay Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment