Being Creative is My Passion

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Easter: Simple Place Settings for your Table

Your Gay Husband tip of the Day :
Use a Simple Color Pallet for Greater Impact
Mellow Yellow my Chickadee
Yellow and White
For some reason I have gone crazy for YELLOW this season.  I love setting a table for a party. I get this from my Mother. She would set a table the day before a party so she would be ready and be able to spend the time it would need to create her desired look. Place settings and serve ware are my guilty pleasure. I find that when you put creative energy into your table setting your guest will feel special and relaxed. When adding color for Easter make sure to not go crazy. Pick 1 or 2 colors then go for it. Layer as much as you want but just make sure to only use those colors you chose and nothing else. Here I use Yellow and White but really build off of what you already own.

Egg Seating
Here I used a small terracotta vase that I bought 3 for $1 at the Dollar Tree. I also picked up some yellow Easter grass. I colored all of my eggs in yellow to keep with my theme then used a sharpy to write the guests name on it. I love having preset seating, it really mixes up the conversations and prevents clicks...such an intense sports conversations that have nothing to do with an Easter meal. Get to know each other better. It's good to have some questions prepared such as....what is your most memorable Easter....what was you Easter tradition growing up. Believe me it helps keeping people connected.


How To Set a Simple Place Setting
Informal settings generally have fewer utensils and dishes but use a stereotyped layout based on more formal settings. Utensils are arranged in the order and the way a person will use them. Usually in Western culture, that means that the forks, bread plate, spreader, and napkin are to the left, while knives, spoons, drink ware, cups, and saucers are to the right.
Green and White Place Setting
Green and White
When using a table cloth make sure that your napkins are the same color. Here I used white. I really like using white as a staple in my table setting collection. You can always add a pop of color, even a plate of limes or lemons will freshen the table with something organic. Everything including flowers will be green or white only. This will make for an elegant yet casual table. Run your flowers, candles and condiments like butter and salt and pepper down the center of the table and repeat if necessary depending on length of table.

Veuve Cliquot Pansardin Champagne
 I always have a water glass and either a wine glass or champagne glass depending what is being served.

Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Champagne is my favorite for parties. This is the Champagne that Patsy and Edina would drink on Absolutely Fabulous. They were truly Fabulous !








I hope this gives you inspiration for your Easter Celebration this year. If not anything else you will know where the fork goes.
Hoppy Easter.
Til Later,
Your Gay Husband


No comments:

Post a Comment