Being Creative is My Passion

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easy Chicken Salad and Sandwich

Your Gay Husband Tip of the Day :
Be Creative with Leftovers
Chicken Salad with Fresh Tomato Slices
Easy Chicken Salad and Sandwich
Every week I make an extra 6 chicken breast that we will use during the week for lunches and Quick dinners. It really helps out with time and you have a wholesome lunch instead of another burger from the food court. It always worries me how much salt and processed foods are served in food so I have decided to make as much food as I can. Believe me I love to spurge just as much as anyone...it's not that...it is about wholesome ingredients. Like my grandma used to say...you are what you eat.
COST - $4 for 4
TIME - 10-15 minutes
Level of Difficulty - 1 on a scale of 1-5

Ingredients
To start I cut 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast that I previously cooked [20 minutes at 400 degrees with salt and pepper to taste] into 3/4 inch cubes and put into a medium size mixing bowl. Add 1/2 diced red onion, 2 diced celery stalks, 1 cup grapes cut in 1/2, 1/4 cup sunflower seeds into bowl.






Dressing
For the dressing I used 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1/4 tsp celery salt salt,
1/8 tsp pepper, juice of 1/2 a lemon and 1 tsp sweet pickle juice. Mix together then pour over chicken and mix thoroughly. I find this is the best way to incorporate the dressing without over working the ingredients.






Chicken Salad Sandwich
This makes a delicious sandwich too. Here I added some lettuce and wrapped it in saran wrap for my Gay Husband to take to work. It packs up great. I served it with orange slices and Oatmeal Crisps.
Click for Recipe.







I hope this inspires you when you're trying to think of something else to make with that left over chicken. Get creative and be rest assured that you and your family are eating well and with food made with love. Remember you are what you eat...so eat up.
Til Later,
Your Gay Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment