Being Creative is My Passion

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Savory Sunday Breakfast

Your Gay Husband Tip of the Day :
Treat Yourself to a Lazy Sunday Morning

Chicken Apple Sausage, Fresh Fruit, Home Fries and an Egg w/ Toast
Savory Sunday Breakfast
When I was growing up my Dad made the majority of our Sunday Breakfast. It was what I looked forward to during church. As good of a cook as my Mom is, she just wasn't the best with eggs of any kind. She had this amazing way of cooking them to death so needless to say when Dad was cooking Breakfast it was an event. He let us help and get involved. This is when I learned a rich variety of swear words. My Dad was good with that too.

Home Fries w/ Apple Chicken Sausage
I ended up cooking the potatoes and chicken sausage in the same pan. They took the same amount of time to cook thoroughly. I added 1Tbls oil to the pan on medium heat, add the potatoes and seasoned them with salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste. Put a loose cover on them and cook.





This was a meal for the 2 of us. I only used 2 eggs, 1 Grapefruit, 1 Large russet potato, 2 Strawberries, 2 pieces of Toast and 1 Chicken apple sausage cut in 2. It would be super easy to make this for 10 people as well. Don't forget the coffee... we had 2 double Lattes.
Scrabbled Eggs, Hash browns, Bacon with Bagel and OJ
I love pancakes and waffles just as much as the rest of you but I can literally wake up our of a dead sleep by the smell of BACON. It is the only food I can eat the second I wake up. This is why I don't eat it all of the time. When I do eat bacon I really like the thick sliced. For this breakfast for 2 I used 4 eggs, 6 pieces of thick sliced Bacon, 2 large Potatoes, 2 Bagels with cream cheese and OJ. Pretty easy and very satisfying.

 A good Bloody Mary is perfect with a savory breakfast. Here is a good recipe and mix.

Use Mr & Mrs T 32 oz. Bold & Spicy Bloody Mary Mix with your favorite bloody Mary recipe and hold on to your hat! This zesty mix combines plump, ripe tomatoes with a blend of black pepper, garlic and onion for a taste with real kick! Sold in a 32 oz plastic bottle.

When mixed according to the instructions (4 parts mix to 1 part spirit of your choice, poured over ice), each bottle will yield approximately 8 drinks.






There really is no better excuse to spend time together as a family or friends than to enjoy a late breakfast and fantastic company. Show up in your PJ's if that is what it take.
I hope you enjoy your break fast as much as we did. Dig In !
Til Later,
Your Gay Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment