Being Creative is My Passion

Sunday, March 13, 2011

BBQ Chicken Breast...Low and Slow

Your Gay Husband Tip of the Day:
Marinate overnight for best results

BBQ Chicken with Carrots, Broccoli and Ambrosia Salad
 BBQ Chicken Breasts
mmm that sounds so good. When you BBQ chicken "right" it is juicy and full of flavor. The key is to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight when time permits, and to cook it Low and Slow. I use a dry rub but really use what you like best. Here is how I made these large chicken breast and boy oh boy were they GOOD.

TIME - 2 hours excluding marinating
COST - under $10 for 4 servings
Level of difficulty-2 on a scale of 1-5
Cook away from coals Low and Slow
Once the Chicken has marinated put it on the grill. You want your grates on the grill to be hot and coals to be gray in color. Place the Chicken breasts on the grill away from the coals. Close the lid and close the vents 90% of the way. This will help keep the BBQ warm, smoke the meat and level out the cooking temperature. Do NOT even look at it for 1hour. If you want you can also toss in some wet wood chips. I only use organic charcoal and NO lighter fluid.



Happy Chicken Breast are done
Once the internal has reached 155 degrees I remove the chicken from the grill and tent it in foil for 10-15 min before serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute and make for a JUICY breasts and let it finish cooking. You do not want dry chicken...yuck. I do not put BBQ sauce on the chicken until it hits the plate.
I made caramelized carrots, steamed broccoli and Ambrosia salad to go with it.





Lemon Mint Vodka Cocktail
The perfect accompaniment is an ice cold
Lemon Mint Vodka Cocktail. click for recipe


Let me know if you have any questions or need any advise on BBQing. I love to cook...so have some friends over and enjoy your BBQ chicken over drinks and laughs. That is a perfect world to me.
Til Later,
Your Gay Husband 

No comments:

Post a Comment