Being Creative is My Passion

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Easy Lemon Meringue Pie yummmmmm

YourGayHusband Tip of the day :
Make sure to let Lemon Meringue Pie cool down completely before serving.

This is a quick and easy Lemon Meringue Pie. It was a Sunday and I wanted something sweet to eat for dessert that night but couldn't decide what ??? I saw that I had a package of Jello Lemon Cook and Serve and a Keebler Graham Cracker pie crust in the pantry. Ta Da...Lemon Meringue Pie it is.

On a scale from 1-5 I rate this a 2 because it has several parts...still easy
Total time was 30minutes not including cool down time.



You will need...
1 package of Jello Cook and Serve lemon pie filling
3 eggs [yolks for filling] [whites for Meringue]
zest of 1 lemon
water
Just follow the directions on the back of the Jello Package.
Once filling has cooled for 10 minutes pour it into Graham Cracker Crust.



For the Meringue ...
3 egg whites [you can use up to 5 depending on how much you like]
1/2 confection sugar...add it slow
1/2 tsp vanilla
Mix this on High until stiff peaks [about 3-5 minutes]
It will look silky.



Pour Meringue on top of pie. It is critical that you make sure you spread the Meringue so it is touching ALL the crust. If you miss this you Meringue will shrink and look like a hat on top. NOT good.
You can also add the zest of one Lemon sprinkled on top.
Pop it into a preheated 350' oven for 10-15 minutes until tips are golden brown.
Let cool 3-4 hours and Dig in !


The total COST was under $5 and will serve 6-8.

The thing I like the BEST is how easy and delicious it is.
The thing I like the LEAST is waiting for it to cool. It is VERY important that you let cool completely or it will fall apart on you.

I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I did.
Til Later,
YourGayHusband

No comments:

Post a Comment