Being Creative is My Passion

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Clean and Happy dogs

YourGayHusband Tip Of The Day - "Shower"your pet with love.


There is nothing worse than a smelly dog. I find that during the winter months dogs don't seem to get bathed as much as during the hotter months. I have smaller dogs, under 15 lbs each. They hang out with me, lay on the couch, rest on the bed, roll around in there own beds and anywhere else they think they need to be. So with that said...I bath our dogs every week. We use Frontline Plus for flea and tick protection so I do not use medicated shampoo on the dogs. The dogs get a weekly shower. They get in the shower with me [they love the hot water] and get bathed with shampoo and conditioner by Pantene.




I love Pantene because it smells great and detangles the hair. You can buy Pantene at almost any Grocery store or big box store like Target or Sams Club. After towel drying I make sure to get out the blow dryer to dry them off. This is key during the cooler weather. No one likes to see their dogs cold and uncomfortable. After the first couple of times they get used to it and they love it. It is warm and soothing.
Total time is about 20 minutes per dog from beginning to end.



Level is difficulty is a 1 on a scale of 1-5.
Total cost for shampoo and conditioner is under $12 and will last for a few months.
This gets an I LIKE vote. I love caring for my dogs

Please leave a comment regarding what works and what doesn't work when bathing your dogs or any funny stories.
Til Later,
YourGayHusband

No comments:

Post a Comment