Being Creative is My Passion

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday Pot Roast dinner and 4 leftover ideas


It's raining, it's pouring the old man is snoring and dreaming about a pot roast. Time to wake up and make it... here is what I do..I hope you like it.


Take a roast 3-4lbs and season with salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder to taste and sear in a HOT pan that has 2 tbsp of oil in it. Brown all sides and remove from pan.

Put browned roast in a crock pot and turn on low for 8-10 hours

cut veggies and surround and cover roast [I usually use carrots, onions, celery and potato, 4each cut into quarters]

sprinkle one package of Lipton onion soup mix on top

pour in 1 can of beef broth, cover and go about you day, dinner will be ready in 8-10 hours

This is such a warm and fuzzy meal. It is great served with rolls and a salad.


Now with the left overs.....

I will use the extra meat and veggies for...


Burritos

just add fresh veggies like tomato, avacado, lettuce etc... and rice and roll into a steamed flour tortilla. Serve with some chips and salsa.


BBQ Beef sandwiches

in a small pan heat up some of the beef and onions and stir in 1/2 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce, top with cheese on some sourdough bread. *needs lots of napkins. Great with carrot and celery sticks.


Quesadias

heat up some extra meat add to a flour tortilla with jack/cheddar cheeses fold in half. To serve cut into 4 pieces and top with salsa, sour cream and guacamole.


Frittata

The veggies work great in a frittata with some bacon. [refer to Frittata blog for "how to"]


I hope you enjoy your Pot Roast as much as I am going to enjoy it. I will be watching the Golden Globes tonight and what a great meal to indulge in while watch who is wearing what.


Remember to leave your comments or questions and I will do my best to accommodate. I would also know if you have any great ideas that you would like me to create.

til later,

Your Gay Husband





2 comments:

  1. Kev, I love your blogs especially the pictures and recipes:) Keep em coming!! they make my day filled with lots of Sunshine:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's great. Let me know if there is anything you want me to do. YGH

    ReplyDelete