Being Creative is My Passion

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

It is NEVER too late



My mom is visiting for a few weeks. She is almost 72 years old and started going to the gym with me yesterday. She will be going 4 times per week for the next 2 weeks to begin a routine. She has arthritis and is always complaining about pain. We have talked about the importance of stretching everyday. The pain will always be there, so what are you going to do about it. As we all know it is about first starting then SHOWING up and being present with your commitments.


I am so proud of my Mom for overcoming her fear and going for it. My Grandmother on my moms side lived til 85, so I keep on telling my mom that she has a long time ahead of her and what does she want it to be like when it comes to her health going forward. She gets stuck on losing weight. I suggested to focus on getting stronger so she can easily get up off the floor should she fall and that losing weight would be the side effect. So many elderly people do not have the strength to pick them selves up. Way to lead by example for your senior friends.


You can do it mom. Til later...


Your Gay Husband or in this case....Your Gay Son


No comments:

Post a Comment