Being Creative is My Passion

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Rainy Day BBQ Pork Ribs with Brine

Your Gay Husband Tip of the Day :
Work With What You Got - A Rainy Day
BBQ Style Pork Ribs
Rainy Day BBQ Pork Ribs with Brine
Sometimes I just get a craving for BBQ Pork Ribs. I was all set to make some BBQ ribs the other day but we ended up getting severe Storm Warnings and before you knew it the sky ripped open and we had a major down pout that seemed to go on for ever. So being the creative person I am I decided to make my BBQ Pork Ribs anyway. I used a brine and cooked them in the oven. This is what I did.
COST - $12 including 2 side dished for 4 people
TIME - 30 minutes prep
DIFFICULTY - 2 on a scale of 1-5

Brine
I decided to use a brine for these ribs to still give that smokey flavor.
Brine
4 quarts water
1 Tbsp liquid smoke
1 Tbsp garlic, ginger, onion and cumin powder
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup salt



Dry Rub
Mix ingredients and pour over ribs in a large pan to set for 2 hours up to overnight. The ribs need to be submerged in brine. If you do not have enough just add more water to cover. After ribs have soaked in brine, remove and dry off with paper towel. Now add your favorite dry rub. I use a brown sugar rub I get from the TX state fair. Put Ribs in a Hot oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes then wrap ribs in tin foil and lower temp to 300 degrees for 2 hours. Remove.





BBQ Pork Dinner
Let sit for 10 minutes before serving. I only put BBQ sauce on right before I serve. The ribs were so tasty and I especially liked the smokey flavor.
For this dinner I made fresh yellow corn and a baked sweet potato for sides. This was a perfect dinner and we like the leftovers just as much.







So whether it is raining out or not you can always make the BBQ Pork Ribs and get your fix.
I hope you enjoy these as much as we did. Let me know if you have any comments or questions.
Til Later,
Your Gay Husband

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!!! I'm going to try these:) I usually use par boil mine in pickling spice and then bake them on a rack with a good beer in the bottom of the pan. These look delicious for a Sunday dinner:) Miss you Kev:)

    ReplyDelete