Being Creative is My Passion

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Zucchini Fries with Lemon Aioli Sauce

Your Gay Husband Tip of the Day :
Have a Snack During Happy Hour
Happy Hour Snack
Zucchini Fries with Lemon Aioli Sauce
When I was growing up the only way I would eat zucchini was if my mom would fry them. It was like eating fries and not veggies. It was a good way to trick me into eating more veggies. This is a twist on the original. These are a  perfect snack for 2 or great served as an appetizer or even on pasta, drenched in marinara sauce. Mmmm my mouth is watering.
COST - $4 for 4 people [1 squash per person]
TIME - 20 minutes
DIFFICULTY - 2 on a scale of 1-5
Cut Zucchini
The first thing to do is to wash and dry the zucchini, then cut them into long looking french fries. I plan on 1 squash per person. I get 6 pieces from 1 squash. I use smaller squash that are bout 6-8 inches long.










Dredging Station
I find it easier to set up a dredging station when making fried food. For these I use the dry - wet - dry method. You will need 3 plates or shallow bowls. The first one will contain flour, the next is a mixture of eggs and water, the last one has Panko [Japanese bread crumbs]. I season the zucchini with salt, pepper and a dash of Cayenne pepper [optional]. Don't forget to season each plate in the dredging station with a little salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste.


Panko
Just start left to right and dredge in flour then egg wash then Panko bread crumbs. Now the are ready to be fried. Add 1/2 an inch of canola oil to a skillet on medium to medium high heat. Turn the zucchini as it browns on each side [about 1 minute]. Remove and put on paper towel to soak up any extra oil. This is the perfect time to add some salt. For the Aioli sauce I mixed 1/4 cup of mayo, juice of 1 lemon, salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne and mix. his is also a great sauce for Artichokes.




I hope you enjoy your happy hour as much as we did.
Til Later,
Your Gay Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment