Being Creative is My Passion

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Raspberry Stuffed French Toast

Your Gay Husband Tip of the Day :
Throwing a Party - Make a Casserole
Casserole and Blackberry Syrup
Raspberry Stuffed French Toast
I have never really been a huge fan of French Toast. I would much rather have a waffle of pancakes or even a cinnamon roll before I would choose french toast...UNTIL NOW. Oh my gawd, this is the best sweet breakfast item I have ever had and I mean that sincerely. It is stuffed with Raspberry Jam and Cream Cheese. I made a Raspberry maple syrup to go with it but it really did not even need it.
COST - $1 per serving [serves up to 24]
TIME - 30 min prep 1 hour cook
DIFFICULTY - 2 on a scale of 1-5 [several steps]
Raspberries
3 loaves of Brioche Bread [use your favorite] cut into 3/4" slices
18 eggs
1 quart 1/2 and 1/2
1 sm whipping cream
3 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3-4 8oz packs of cream cheese
2 - 12oz jars of Seedless Raspberry Jam



Beat your eggs with the 1/2 and 1/2, whipping cream, sugar and vanilla. Dip each piece of bread in to the mixture for 10 seconds on each side and place into a buttered deep dish 9" by 13" pan until bottom of pan is covered with the bread. Now cut a slice of cream cheese about 1/4-1/2 an inch and place on top of each piece of bread. You will use about 12oz per layer depending on how much cream cheese you like. Then cover each piece of bread with about 1/4 or so of Seedless Raspberry jam. Once you have finished the first layer; repeat. Finish the Top with a final layer of bread. Put in fridge over night.
Ready to Serve
The next morning cook for 1 hour at 350 degrees until bubbly. The top will be golden. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving. I dusted the top with powdered sugar and a drizzle of Raspberry Syrup. To make the syrup I used 1 24oz bottle of your favorite syrup and 1 bag of frozen Raspberries. Simmer for 20 minutes and serve.




Now it's time to WOW your guest with this perfect dish. You can also bring it to a Pot Luck...just to show off. I hope you enjoy this as much as we did. Oh Yeah I almost forgot. You can freeze the extras.
Dig in !
Til Later,
Your Gay Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment