Being Creative is My Passion

Monday, May 16, 2011

Veggie Garden - Part 2

Your Gay Husband Tip of the Day :
Patience can Prove to be Bountiful
Veggie Planter
Veggie Garden - Part 2
OK it has now been 2 months since I planted my seeds. Some grow so fast while others are waiting for the heat to kick in to grow faster. Most of my garden is in my Stacked Veggie Planter. It really adds life to an other wise plain corner of my yard. I already have some veggies [just baby ones] and lots of blooms. We had a heavy rain last week that knocked off my biggest flower on my zucchini plant. If the flower gets knocked off too early a squash won't produce. It's just a part of nature.


Radish
 I have a few Radish plants that are almost at maturity and ready to harvest. Fresh veggies have so much more flavor than ones in a produce store. Here you just pick, rinse and eat. The joys of Organic Gardening. Whether you like radish or not you should still grow them. They are the fastest and easiest out of all the veggies to grow so it makes you feel super successful right off the bat.






Zucchini Squash

Both the Zucchini and Yellow squashes are doing great. I noticed there were 2 getting more water and they grew much faster. They are strong and the blooming has begun. Stuffed squash blossoms with pasta makes a great meal. Don't forget about having it grilled, fried and of course zucchini bread.
I just started more squash seeds so I will have them til October.





Add caption
My nephew started his own veggie garden with me. He is 81/2. The first plant we planted was his favorite...Green Beans. When I say this kid love green beans, I really mean he loves them. I have seen him take a bag of beans out if the freezer, put them in the microwave and eat the entire thing. I told you he loves them. Needless to say we planted allot of beans and we should have them all season long.



White Pumpkins
Doesn't it seam like you pay a small fortune every year by decorating with pumpkins. We decorate with them all the way thru Thanksgiving. This year we decided to try and grow some. They are doing really good so far. We are expecting ALLOT of pumpkins this year at NO cost. The pumpkins will be 10-12 inches in diameter and weigh 10-12 lbs. You can either carve or decorate them or even use them for pies and soups. I am so excited.




Add caption
I am so excited that my cucumbers are doing so good. They are in the bottom level of my 7 level stacked planter. They are just about big enough to start growing up the trellis. The thing I am most excited about is making my own pickles. Lets hope I get allot.







If you didn't get a chance to plant your veggie garden by seed, don't worry. Just go down to Home Depot and pick up some small starter plants and way you go. Just think of all the fresh organic veggies you will have. They make great gifts for your neighbors or give a co-worker a jar of homemade organic pickles. Very thoughtful.
I hope this inspires you to grow your own veggie garden. Just think of the money you will save as well as some peace and quiet while tending to it. Enjoy your gardening meditation with a Happy Hour Cocktail with Your Gay Husband.
Happy Gardening !
Til Later,
Your Gay Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment