Being Creative is My Passion

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Decorate for Spring

Your Gay Husband Tip of the Day :
Rotate Accessories and Make them Look NEW.
Spring Decorating
Decorate for spring
I don't know about you but I love to DECORATE and mix up all the things I love to make them seem new again. For this spring I am doing Whites, Apple Green with an Asian flare. I always start with a blank slate. I remove EVERYTHING from the area I am going to redecorate. It becomes your blank canvas and you are now the artist. Have FUN and enjoy the process. I gather everything that has to do with my colors and any Asian pieces I may have and put them out on a table so I know what I am working with. You might end up changing it a few times until you get what you like as your final result, just don't rush it and if you get frustrated, take a break and come back to it with fresh eyes.


Add something Organic
I think it is important when dealing with design to break it down into smaller parts to make it more attainable. I add some Organics like a Bonsai, Lucky Bamboo or Candles to breath life into the space. It adds a touch of romance to the space when the candles are lit. I add keepsakes as well to keep memories fresh. I have this little Asian figurine that I purchased on the day of my Dads wake and it has been with me ever since. I think of him every time I see it.





Asian Ceramics
When setting up this portion of the mantle I am very careful not to make it seem like scenes yet still have interest. I have use organics as well as Asian ceramics that I have collected. Notice that white with a small amount of green has been added to ensure continuity.











Apple Green Aaccessories
To anchor the fireplace I did a small collection in Apple Green. I have Jonathan Adler Vases and a Fu Dog for good fortune. I like to have things in clusters where possible. It creates impact and really defines the space, in this case through color. I use varied heights to add dimension. If you noticed I do this on most of the surfaces on the mantle.









On the Patio
Here is what it looks like on the Patio. On top of the Fridge that I refinished is a cactus, apple green bird house, small apple green vase and a metal tea light holder that looks like a rock. On the cart next to the fridge i kept it pretty simple with a trio of White ceramic vases all various sizes to compliment each other.







Wishing Urns
You can easily make something fresh again just by moving things around. Here I took the Jonathan Adler Wishing Urns that were given to me as a gift from the downstairs mantle to an Upstairs Lane Coffee Table. Notice they are keeping with the white and there are 3 of them. Not to mention my memories of these gifts every time I see them.








So get out all of your keep sakes and ReDECORATE for SPRING.
I hope this inspires you too !
Send me some of you pictures or leave a comment about your Spring Decorating.
Til Later,
Your Gay Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment