Being Creative is My Passion

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Spring Day Outside

Your Gay Husband Tip of the Day :
Go to a Park and Enjoy Nature
You Can Call Me FLOWER
Spring Day Outside
I think one of the healthiest things to do for both physical and mental well being is to spend time in nature. Now that the weather is starting to change it is the perfect time to reconnect with nature. There are several ways to do so such as...a walk in the park, going to the Arboretum, going to a lake, on a hike, flying a kite, renting a bike, going to the Zoo or beach, etc. As you see it doesn't matter where you live...Nature is EVERYWHERE. We had such an amazing time I wanted to share some of our experiences at the Dallas Arboretum. It has one of the Largest displays of spring flowers in the world. It is called Dallas Blooms.

Hydrangea Tree
 I have seen alot of specimen trees but I have never seen on like this. There was a part of the Arboretum that had these everywhere. They are Hydrangea Trees. I only saw them in white..my favorite especially when there were huge pink rhododendron behind them.











Specimen Tulips


Specimen Tulips









There were these gardens where you would see hundreds of Specimen Tulips in every color and size imaginable. I was like a kid in a candy store..just less fattening.


Garden Sculpture



Garden Art
 









You never knew what to expect around each corner. There was original art through out the garden and it was great to watch people of all ages enjoying their beauty. We both found such inspiration.

Tulips

Tulips...

and more Tulips
I am not even kidding when I say Tulips... Tulips... and  more Tulips. They were everywhere in every size and color and everywhere you looked. I have never seen so many tulips and that is saying alot because I used to sell them at the SF Flower Mart.  If you are lucky enough to live where they have an arboretum or Flower conservatory you may just learn a thing or two while enjoying the scenery. They usually have the plants labeled.

We had such a great day. I hope this inspires you to get out there and enjoy the beauty in Nature...sight, sounds and smells delight the senses.
Please leave a comment on about your Spring NATURE experience.
and DON'T FORGET YOUR CAMERA !









Til Later,
Your Gay Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment