Being Creative is My Passion

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Easter Egg Yard Art

Your Gay Husband Tip of the Day :
Decorate your Lawn for Easter
Eggcellent way to Decorate Your Yard
Easter Egg Yard Art
I love this time of year and especially Easter. It is just another great reason for friends and families to reconnect not to mention all the colorful decorations and great food. This is such an easy project and a great one to do with your kids. They can paint their own Easter Egg and save it for years to come. Memories of Easter in your childhood are so important so might as well make it memorable. You can even sign and date them.
COST - $3 I had the paint.
TIME - less than 1h hour [not including dry time]
Level of Difficulty - 2 easy put lots of parts
Egg Template
The first thing I did was to go online and print an Egg Template. Cut out the sizes you desire. I used 3 sizes. I find it gives more of a visual impact using a variety of sizes. Outline Egg on to a piece of foam core board. I buy mine at the Dollar Tree. Just $1 for a 20" by 30" foam board which is a great size. You can get at least 3 dozen egg cut outs using only 1 board. Then just cut out your outlined eggs.





Glue Skewers
Once you have your egg cut out, glue 2 skewers to the back side of each egg and let dry. You can buy these skewers at any grocery store under $3 for 100. I bought mine at the Dollar Tree for only $1. I also bought my Elmer's Glue there. That's why only $3 for this project. The skewers will easily secure the Eggs into your lawn.







Acrylic Paints
When it comes to color for this project get as creative as you want. Make them all the same color for a theme or see who can be the most creative or paint polka-dots on them. What ever you want and what ever you can think of.







Zig Zag Pattern
Have FUN being creative. I always have acrylic paints but really you can use any paint you want to. I have used house paint before or mix media like buttons or add some bling with rhinestones.









Finished Eggs
When making a design or pattern I recommend using a sharpy pen to draw on the design then paint inside the lines. It really gives it a strong look once they are in your yard.

This was a FUN project. I hope you have as much fun as I did. If you have 1 hour and $3 you have to make these eggs. Your neighbors will thank you.







Happy Easter !
Til Later,
Your Gay Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment