Being Creative is My Passion

Friday, May 13, 2011

Lite Lunch - Egg Salad "Sandwich"

Your Gay Husband Tip of The Day :
Prepare a Simple Lite Lunch for a Friend
Egg Salad with Orange Wedges and Sugar Cookies
Egg Salad and Sandwich
One of my favorite things to do is to "lunch" with a close friend or My Gay Husband. I enjoy sitting outside and eating Wholesome Homemade food. I don't like to get too filled up. Other than the food is the time you get to spend with your friend is irreplaceable. Savor the Moment. I whipped this lunch up for 4 and served it with fresh fruit and sugar cookies. It ended up being a great day.
COST - $3 for 4 people
TIME - 30 minutes not including cool time
Level of DIFFICULTY - 2 on a scale of 1-5
Grating Eggs
To start you will need 2 eggs per person. Put eggs into a large stock pot and fill 1" from top. Put on HIGH burner for 15 minutes and remove from heat for another 10 minutes. Run under cold water and put in fridge to cool completely. This will make for PERFECT eggs. Once you have peeled the eggs take a box grater and grate your eggs on the large setting. This is a tip from my mother, it makes for a consistent product.





Add Ingredients
 With this recipe you do not need to premix condiments, just add them directly to the bowl with the grated eggs. This is another great benefit to grating the eggs [ it makes it easy to incorporate]. You will need 2-3 eggs per person [better to have more than not enough].
1/4 cup of Mayo
1tsp spicy mustard
1 Tbsp - sweet relish
1/2 tsp celery salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Add directly to bowl and mix until incorporated.


Egg Salad Sandwich
For a salad use a bed of lettuce [I used Iceberg] on a plate and add 1 lrg scoop directly in the center and sprinkle with paprika. For the Sandwich I don't toast the bread. I usually do for most sandwiches however this has a perfect consistency when not toasted. It was served with Orange wedges and Sugar Cookies. Get recipe here.






I hope you enjoy this Lite Lunch with your friends. It is all about creating memories with the people you love.
Happy Eating!
Til Later,
Your Gay Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment