Being Creative is My Passion

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Steak Dinner and Steak Salad from Leftovers

Your Gay Husband Tip of the Day :
Always Make Enough for Leftovers
Ribeye Steak Dinner
Steak Dinner and Steak Salad with Leftovers
Sometimes I get a craving for a good steak, especially when it is a ribeye cooked on the grill. There is just something that the grill does to the meat. I just seasoned it with salt, pepper,garlic powder and a drizzle of Balsamic vinegar. I season it about 30 minutes; cover with foil and let come to room temperature before putting on the grill. I don't always want the whole steak and double starch dinner [as good as they are]. Sometimes I just want a good steak with fruit salad and a light cocktail. I made a 3 ingredient fruit salad using fresh red grapes, strawberries and cantaloupe.
Mango Cocktail
The cocktail is 2 part mango juice and 1 part vodka with a squeeze of lime. No matter if I am alone or with others, I enjoy dining with fresh flowers. You can do it without costing much. I bought 5 stems for $4.99 at the grocery store and put them in bud vases.








Steak Salad
I always buy my meats in family packs. These steaks came 3 to pack. I will cook the extra steak to use for a Salad later in the week. A couple of days later I made this salad for us while we were gardening.
I made it with romaine lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, onions, avocados, Parmesan cheese and croutons. It is topped with a creamy peppercorn dressing and fresh cracked black pepper [ use your favorite]. See it really pays off in more than one way to buy those family packs even if it is just the 2 you.




I hope this inspires you to make enough so you can have leftovers. Get creative and see what you can come up with.
Til Later,
Your Gay Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment