Being Creative is My Passion

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Revamping Vases for Spring

Your Gay Husband Tip of the Day :
Make Something Old New Again
Black to White
Revamping Vases for Spring
It is so much fun doing little things to make a big impact. When using vases I like to usually use only 1-2 colors and let the flowers make the statement. I am sure you have heard this before when using frames. It makes it easier to use the vases in clusters or when setting an entire room to just see a single color when it comes to your vase. Here I used white. I am a HUGE fan of using white and black and adding color from there. Right now I am doing white.
COST - under $10 [.97 plus tax for paint and the rest on pots and plants.
TIME - 20 minutes not including dry time.
Level of Difficulty - 1 on a scale of 1-5

Vases...Before
I found this long black vase at an Estate sale for $1. I just loved it...it was different then most vases I find. I love updating vintage pieces and breathing new life into them. I also painted these other vases using a white gloss spray paint for .97 at Home Depot.







Plastic Nusery Vases
Three of these are plastic pots that plants come in from the nursery. I didn't have any ceramic and they were going on the patio so I decide to paint them white. I put a glass coaster under them and mixed them with white candle holders. They look great.




Kalanchoe Plant in White Pot
It always amazes me with what you can come up with when you have a plan. My plan was to use white vases/planters this spring. From that point it all came together. Think...ReNew - ReUse - RePurpose and see what you can come up with.







I hope this inspires you to add simple affordable design to your home. Have FUN and you may just inspire your friends to do the same. Beauty is contagious.
Til Later,
Your Gay Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment