Being Creative is My Passion

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Black to White Frame DIY

YourGayHusband Tip of the Day:
RePurpose, ReUse, ReNew

"New Frame"
I found this frame on the side of the road that someone was tossing out. I am always on the look out for frames of all sizes. We have so much original Art that it is hard to keep up with the framing.
I needed a White frame for my Bathroom. Even though this was black, it was no problem that some paint, sand paper and Windex couldn't fix.













The first thing I did was clean the dirt off the frame and inspected it for any flaws or scratches. I used 120 grit sand paper and lightly sanded the entire frame. This will make a slightly rough surface which is perfect for the paint to adhere to.








I used Primer and Appliance Epoxy spray paint by Rust-oleum.
I love their products. The appliance paint touts that is is good for wet areas so I thought it would be prefect for the bathroom. The paint as well as the sand paper can be found at Home Depot. Paint in a well ventilated area and use a mask and goggles for Safety.
After sanding I applied 1 coat of primer and let it dry. I chose a grey primer. This would make it interchangeable for other projects. Once dry I applied 2 coats of white appliance paint. Follow directions for dry times between coats. I used less than 1/2 a can of paint. Excellent! I have more for another frame without extra cost. I added a piece of original art that MyGayHusband made.



This was a FUN project.
TIME - 1 hour excluding dry time
COST - $10 and I have extra !
Level of Difficulty 1 - on a scale of 1-5
Just like in life...
re-New, re-Use and re-Purpose
Happy Crafting !
Til Later,
YourGayHusband

No comments:

Post a Comment