Being Creative is My Passion

Friday, February 18, 2011

Fashion Friday...Music and Fashion

YourGayHusband Fashion Tip of the Day:
Fashion Inspires Music...find your Muse

Music and Fashion
As I watched the 53rd Annual Grammy Awards at the staple center in Los Angeles on Sunday, it made me think back when I was 20 something and the creative thought processes I would go through to find and/or create the "look" for an event. We were all our own Fashion Stylists.





Music has always been a huge part of my life. I looked to musicians and performers like Michael Jackson or Prince for creative inspiration. Today music artists continue to inspire us from their haircuts like Justin Bieber, Adam Lambert or even Nicki Minaj or the over the top costumes of Lady GaGa.
Fashion and personal style has become increasingly important to the Music industry. There is a huge demand for personal stylists. This has become a popular and lucrative profession just to create a unique look for someone in need.


Fashion is all about creating a "look" for a specific need. Music has become such an important part of every ones life.

We are so connected to the world, Inspiration is right at our fingertips. We need music to get us through the day, from the alarm clock waking us up, our IPods at the Gym, and the background music at my favorite retailer.
In my life Music and Fashion are a must, I couldn't imagine a place without them.







Now that I am in my 40's, I no longer wear my hair like Michael Jackson, I don't dress like Prince but I do FIND INSPIRATION IN MUSIC. Music generates intrest in our youth "Pop Culture" producing NEW trends that have been Inspired from "looks" of the past.









Not All Fashions were an inspiration at the Grammys this year. I was disappointed with Kim Kardashian...she looked like Snookie and I must say Snookie looked better than ever...even better than KK.
Jennifer Lopez got my VOTE for BEST Red Carpet "LOOK".






The results for last weeks Poll: What is your Favorite Spring Color...The winner is Coral with 66% of the votes, Yellow with 16%, Blue and Green with 8%.

I hope everyone enjoyed the Grammy's as much as I did.
Til next Friday,
YourGayHusbands Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment