Being Creative is My Passion

Monday, February 21, 2011

New Neighbor and Cupcakes

YourGayHusband Tip of the Day:
Take the first step...
NEW Neighbor and Cup Cakes
I don't know how it was when you were growing up, but for me it was an entire neighborhood that was involved. I could even get in trouble by other parents. Our families were at times intertwined. Times were different then. What I do to keep the neighborly feeling alive and perhaps make new friends along the way, is what anyone else would do...woo them with sugar filled food. In this case Yellow Butter cake with Milk Chocolate Frosting by Pillsbury.

We just had the house next to us rented. I heard they were empty nesters that wanted to downsize and live at the Lake. I baked them 1 dozen mini Cupcakes with a card from a local artist welcoming them to the neighborhood. I met the family and really enjoyed them.

I still had some extra cupcakes so I decided to bring some up to a family with an 8 year old son who loves them. That's when I was inspired to use sprinkles. Isn't it amazing how a simple act of
thoughtfulness can impact someones day and perhaps a give you back smile.
Take the first step...it is worth it.
Til Later,
YourGayHusband

No comments:

Post a Comment