Being Creative is My Passion

Monday, February 28, 2011

Painting a Focal Wall

YourGayHusband Tip of the Day :
Roll in W pattern to avoid Roller Marks

Art-room Silkscreen Zone
 Painting A Focal Wall
We have a room in our house that is dedicated strictly to creating. We call it the Art-room. Our Art-room is broken down into zones such as Painting, Sewing, Jewelry etc.. The room is all white with Birch wood desk. I was thinking of having a blank slate when we first painted the room. We just got a Silk Screening machine so I wanted  to create a Focal wall where we will do our Silk Screening. 






 
Martha Stewart Paint
  I found this Martha Stewart Paint at the Home Depot. It is a latte/ cappuccino color latex, interior, eggshell paint. This paint is great. It is thicker than most paints which makes it 1 coat. No primer was necessary. The idea is to give a wall with a darker color but still a neutral. I want to be able to see the designs and Silk Screening projects up against the wall. This will allow me to see it as if it were framed. Better than another white wall.






Cutting in Outlets

First I made sure wall was clean of dust and that I patched any holes. Once that was done I taped off the section of the room I was painting and laid down newspaper to avoid a mess. I recommend turning up the music and letting it flow. You will be finished before you know it.







cutting in ceiling
The first thing to paint are the edges of the room, around any windows or electrical outlets. Make sure to remove the covers from your electrical outlets so they don't get paint on them. This will give a professional look.








Roll in W pattern
Make sure that your roller is completely saturated with paint before painting. Start rolling on the paint in a W pattern so that you will not get any roller marks.
 TIME - 3-4 hours
COST - $40 including supplies
Level of Difficulty - 2 on a scale of 1-5




  This was a Fun project and got us set in the right direction to create even more. Just because you have an Art-Room doesn't mean it has to be messy and disorganized. Create Zones and have Fun yourself.
Til Later,
YourGayHusband

1 comment:

  1. Cool!

    And I want to try that blueberry crumb recipe! Just did orange chicken again (with a little bit of my own editing) and it was delish! Tasted totally different than the first time, but just as good! I'll send you my recipe to try. :)

    Mommy Chic

    ReplyDelete