Being Creative is My Passion

Monday, February 7, 2011

Decorate for Valentines Day

YourGayHusband Tip of the Day:
Decorate your Mantle for your Valentine
Valentines Day Decorating
I love Valentines Day and I love changing up my Mantle as well as other areas of my house seasonally. Whether you have a Valentine or not you really owe it to yourself to freshen up your surroundings with the things you love, then have a PARTY.
LIKE - changing decor seasonally
DISLIKE - needing to edit
TIME - 1 hour find your chi
Level of Difficulty - 2 on a scale of 1-5




I like to start with a blank slate. A blank wall will open your mind. I take all the things I love within a color spectrum and put them on a table so I can easily see what I have. For this I used Red, White and Silver. I build a shelf starting with the tallest and biggest pieces. I found it makes it easier and more impactful when you group your items close together. It is important to add an organic touch such as plants, wood, shells, flowers etc... It helps breath life into your home .




Where I have three built in shelves one on top of the other, I make sure not to over fill and focus your eye. I wanted the focus to be on my wishing urns by Jonathan Adler. They were a Valentines Day gift. I also think is is equally important to have those wonderful found objects that have personal meaning to you. It brings Joy and stirs up good memories when you see them.
In this final picture I removed anything organic from the shelves so you can see what a difference it makes.
Make it CREATIVE, Make it FUN and Make it YOUR OWN.
I will be using candle and flower in my Dining room table.



Being creative is my passion. I hope you find INSPIRATION
in today's blog and bring your home to life for Valentines Day!
We are all worth it and more.





Til Later,
YourGayHusband

3 comments:

  1. Love your blog, tons to read. I am now a follower of you.
    Connie

    http://www.dressedtothe9sconnie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic ! I will check you out. What are your favorite topics?
    YGH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi , I love design, arts and crafts, gardening and cooking. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete