Being Creative is My Passion

Friday, February 18, 2011

Famous Beer Can Chicken

YourGayHusband Tip of the Day:
Keep it Moist...cook with BEER
Famous BEER Can Chicken
I don't know about you but I love a Roasted Chicken. I have been making beer can chicken fo years. You can either bake it in the Oven or cook it on the BBQ. This is a fool proof recipe. I made it with root veggies, Potatoes, Onions, Carrots and Celery.








TIME - 20 min prep and 45 min cook
Level of Difficuly - 2 on a scale of 1-5
COST - $4 including beer
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Here is what you will need to serve 4.
1 Chicken
4-6 Carrots,Potatoes
4-6 Celery stocks
1 onion quartered
seasoning of choice or salt and pepper
3/4 can of Beer


With a rinsed and completely dried off chicken, drizzle with 1tbsp oil and set Chicken onto Beer can and season liberally with your favorite seasoning.


Cut your veggies. I recommend cutting them the same size to help with cook time. Using a 9"x13" pan Drizzle with 1 Tbsp oil and season to taste. Put the veggies at the base of the chicken and put
into a Hot 425 degree oven for 45 min or until internal tempature is reading 165 degrees.

Once the chicken is done, remove from oven and tent with foil for 10 minutes before cutting. This will alllow the juices to redistribute and make a PERFECTLY moist bird.
This is a great item for a small dinner party of something to warm up with on a cold night. The left over will make a great salad for lunch the next day.
Happy Cooking and Eating.
Til Later,
YourGayHusband

2 comments:

  1. YUMMY!!! Maybe tomorrow:) I'm making stew and french bread because It's cold outside and I'm fighting a little sore throat:) I use beer for my ribs too:)

    ReplyDelete