Being Creative is My Passion

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day

YourGayHusbandTip of the Day:
Creativity Sparks Romance..so get Creative

Happy Valentines Day or what my friend Leslee calls it, Happy Single Awareness Day.
I love Valentines Day. I is also my Anniversary. Believe it or not w have been together for 23 years. Just not in the biblical since...not yet. One day we will be legal. Until then it is back to loving everyday.


Who said you can't say I Love You with food.
As part of my gift to MyGayHusaband, I made these yummy sugar cookies with icing.


I started with Pillsbury pre-made sugar cookie mix for $1.25. You just need to add butter and an egg. I started by making a stencil for the letters I was going to use, in this case...I LOVE YOU with some extra heart cookies. I logged into a Word document and typed in the letters I needed. I set the size at 450 and the font is Veranda BOLD. Use whatever font you like best. I printed them and cut them out. I used these as my stencils to cut out my cookie dough.




Preheat oven to 375 degrees and cook for 9- 11 minutes. Let cool for 30 minutes before frosting. For the frosting you will need 2 cups of confection sugar and 1-2 Tbsp milk with 1 tsp of vanilla and food coloring. Using a butter knife frost the cookies. Let the frosting set over night for best results.



COST - $3 for everything

TIME - 30 min not including cool time
Level of difficulty - 2 0n a scale of 1-5 [fool proof]

Get creative and have FUN. I made extra Hearts to give as gifts to friends and neighbors...they loved them.

This idea can be used for several occasions. Just make your design and go for it.

I hope you have a great Valentines Day !

Til Later,

YourGayHusband


1 comment:

  1. Happy Singles Awareness Day! Or S.A.D.

    Funny how that acronym worked out.
    Mommy Chic

    ReplyDelete