Being Creative is My Passion

Friday, March 11, 2011

Fashion Friday: My Fashionista's

YourGayHusband FASHION Tip of the Day:
Look to the past to Update fashion today     


Lena Horne
My Fashionista's:
Recently I took a few extra days off after a very busy work period and decided that I need to do nothing but rest my tired feet and body.While resting I was able to watch a few of my favorite shows and discovered a new favorite.Something that I noticed while watching my favorite shows, many of my favorite female entertainers were featured or topics of discussion.
Lena Horne, one of the first African-American female entertainers had pasted away at the age of 92 in Manhattan.
Lena was the first African-American Female actress to sign a long term contract with a major Hollywood studio and then went on to achieve international fame as a singer and activist.
I really didn't know much about about her, but remember 2 songs particularly( Moon River, The Man I Love) being sung by mother while going up.

Aretha Franklin
 While watching one of my new Favorite shows, Wendy Williams, I was thrilled that she had an exclusive interview with the one and only Aretha Franklin. I can remember many happy times dancing around in our living room to her hits being played on the radio. I would have to say that the "Queen of Soul looked good event though she recently has been battling illness. She was witty, charming, honesty and had a sense of humor while expressing her thoughts during the interview.
Of course I will be saving my itune dollars to upload her new CD, Aretha's Best, which was released March 7, 2011.
  
Vanessa Williams
Halle Berry
Vanessa Williams recently was on Wendy Williams and let me tell you, she is FIERCE!!! Her body is rockin, skin flawless, and hair amazing.
Her resume as a entertainer I find so interesting. Her career beginning as a model, then she became Miss USA, the controversy over her pictorial in Penthouse, then a  new direction as actress  in film, TV and Broadway. I remember seeing her on Broadway in "Kiss of a Spider Woman".What a compliment, to replace Chita Rivera, in a lead role on Broadway.
Her performance was spectacular.


Halle Berry recently was on the Oscars Red Carpet and each time I see her, I am amazed how this woman glows and radiates femininity and beauty. She has made her mark in Hollywood as one of the best African-American actresses to date. Her starlet life has been exposed, but yet remains victorious and she continues to transform and recreate herself.
Halle's career began at the age of 17, when she won the Miss Teen all American title and  from then on she has added 43 film titles to her resume, photographed for numerous print ads, and is also a spokes model for Revlon's Super Lustrous Lipstick. Her life today continues to evolve, recently becoming a mother of a baby girl, Nah

Wendy Williams
My new favorite,Wendy Williams talk show. She bills herself as "the Queen of all Media", starting off as a radio personality for numerous stations around the country. Now that Oprah is moving on to new pastures, she is opening up the world of daytime TV and I cant wait to see what she will make of it.Stay tuned...she will be the spotlight of many more thing to come.  She may even surprise us and WIN Dancing with the Starz. How you dancin ? is her new Question  on her talk show.






Here are last weeks POLL results :
Who was your favorite at the Oscars...
Anne Hathaway - 66%
Mila Kunis - 16%
Jennifer Hudson - 16%
Til next Friday,
YourGayHusbands Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment