Being Creative is My Passion

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Pork - The other White Meat

Your Gay Husband Tip of the Day:
Using Brown Rice reduces Cholesterol


Pork with Crookneck Squash and Brown Rice
Pork with Crookneck [Yellow] Squash and Brown Rice
I Love making a well balance meal for us at dinner time. I think of it as a gift to give MyGayHusband...the gift of health.
COST - under $10 for 4
TIME - 30 minutes
Level of Difficulty 2 on a scale of 1-5

Boneless Pork Ribs
Pre Heat over to 450 degrees.
I used boneless Pork ribs - 2-3lbs
season with salt, pepper, garlic and ginger to taste
drizzle with olive oil and put into a HOT oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and tent with foil for 10 minutes before serving.


 


Brown Rice
About 1 year or so ago I started eating brown rice on a regular basis. It is better for you than white rice and is loaded with fiber. I really like the flavor of brown rice. Brown Rice requires a bit more water when cooking. I use a rice cooker and add an extra 1/2 cup of water. You can also use veggie broth.






Crookneck Squash
 Crookneck [Yellow] Squash is one of my favorite squashes.
Cut 4 squash into 1/2 inch coins and set aside
Preheat saute pan on med heat. Add 1Tbsp olive oil to pan and toss in the squash. Add salt and pepper to taste and saute for 3-4 minutes until tender. Turn off the heat and add 1 Tbsp of butter and serve immediately. Do NOT over cook!





This was such a good dinner. I hope you give this recipe a try and enjoy it as much as we did. This is great served at a dinner party. I would serve it all on 1 BIG platter for family style dining.
Til Later,
Your Gay Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment