Being Creative is My Passion

Monday, March 28, 2011

Freezing Meats = $aving Money

Your Gay Husband Tip of the Day :
Buy in Bulk and Freeze to $AVE
Date and Label Your Food for Even Rotation
Freezing Meats = Saving Money
Like I say in my Weekly Grocery Shopping blog, Buy when it is on Sale and Freeze. I do this all of the time. It is a huge money saver on those everyday items like boneless skinless chicken breast [we eat all the time] to a great price on T-Bone steaks or standing Rib Eye Roast. Here is what I do...

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
I bought these boneless skinless chicken breasts for only $1.19 per pound, which is a GREAT deal especially with how many of these we eat in a week. I had to buy it in family pack to get this price but really who cares..I bought 4 family packs.








Date and Label
It is a good idea to put as many breasts into a bag that you would cook at one time. For example for the 2 of us I will pack 6. 2 for dinner that night and I will use the left overs for salads, tacos, burritos or pasta during the week. I do this at least 1 time per week. Only at these prices though.







Cut and Marinate First
Another great Tip is precut and marinate your meat before you put it into the freezer. In this case I did Orange Chicken. I chopped it into 1" pieces and pour the marinade over it and put it in the freezer immediately. It will marinade as it is freezing and while it is defrosting. Squeeze out all of the air and close your Zip Lock Bag.
That's it..how easy and what a great way to save money...believe me it adds up FAST.




Til Later,
Your Gay Husband

No comments:

Post a Comment