Being Creative is My Passion

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Make the Perfect BBQ Pork Ribs

Your Gay Husband Tip of the Day:
Cook it LOW and SLOW


BBQ Pork Ribs and Sweet Potato Fries
   BBQ Pork Ribs and Sweet Potato Fries
You tell me what could be better than this. Once the temperature starts to elevate and you get that day of sunshine, there is nothing better than spending the day in the yard and while BBQing..
I bought these ribs on Sale for $1.19lb. This slab is about 6lbs. When cooking a slab of ribs like this it is important ton TAKE YOUR TIME and cook it LOW and SLOW. You may ask what exactly that means. You want the temperature of you BBQ to be around 200 degrees or lower for the perfect end result.



 After rinsing the Ribs season them with your favorite rub. I recommend a brown sugar based rub. You really want this to marinate for 2 hours, overnight is best. Once your BBQ is at the proper heat put your ribs on a top shelf away from direct heat. I use wood chips that I have soaked in water to keep the BBQ smoking. It took about 4 hours to cook this 6lb slab of ribs. I turned it  and added more wood chips every hours.
 Once it has reached 170 degrees I remove it and lightly wrap it in tin foil for at least 15 minutes. When you cut the ribs they will have a pink smoke ring. The thicker the pink ring the smokier they are. Add your favorite BBQ sauce. I recommend a brown sugar based sauce but really use what you like best. I like to sever this with Sweet Potato Fries from Ore Ida. They are really good with about a tsp of dried Thyme sprinkled on them before cooking.




Margarita
 I like to serve these with Margaritas...It makes the food taste even better and your guests will never know if you made a mistake. If you do, don't sweat it...just call out... COCKTAILS anyone. Here is a great recipe for the perfect Margarita.
I hope you enjoy your BBQ and get some nice sunny weather soon.
Til Later,
YourGayHusband

No comments:

Post a Comment